Monday, March 8, 2021

1Chapter 1 Stoneybrook : Neighbors and Friends

 Episode One: Neighbors and Friends

It's the last day of school before summer vacation. It's Mary Anne's turn to carpool her and Shannon's kids off to Stoneybrook Day School. 

When she gets back she and Shannon are off to take a walk around the block. They turn the corner and see Watson backing out of his driveway.

"Hey, Mary Anne! Hi Shannon! Just the girls I wanted to see! Elizabeth and I are having a BBQ in 3 weeks and we would love for your families to come! You should get a formal invitation in the mail soon," said Watson.

"Can Dawn come too? She is visiting us this summer," Mary Ann asked.

"Well of course! I'd have the whole town if I could hold 'em! Say hi to Logan and Robert for me," Watson said and drove away.

They continue making their way down the block to the neighborhood park.

"So Dawn is coming to visit?" Shannon asked. "She hasn't been back in a while."

" No not since the incident...you know with Maggie," Mary Anne replied.

But Shannon didn't know. She wasn't as close with Mary Anne or Dawn then, she hadn't even lived in their neighborhood. But she knew Mary Anne was sensitive and decided to ask someone else about it later. Maybe Robert knew? He had dated Stacey around that time.

"Are you excited about her visit?" She asked.

"Oh yes! So much has changed. She hasn't even seen the house and I'm fixing up her room with some stuff Dad and Sharon gave me from her old room. I'm a little bit nervous though. She is going to say it's elitist that we joined the country club." Said Mary Anne.

"Yes, I remember it all too well from back in the day. But look on the bright side. She can see the kids and we can hang out and take her to the BBQ." 

"Oh..about that.  Shannon, I need your help. Ever since Logan won that lawsuit and our lifestyle changed, I've been feeling...out of place. I'm not used to these fancy dinners and luncheons like you are. I feel like I need some nicer clothes to fit in? Could you help me? I don't even know where to shop. Do I do it online...or..?"

"Sure Mary Anne! As soon as Dawn gets here that will be first on our list. You know...Dawn could use a glow-up too. Do you think she would let us?"

"All we can do is try. We will make it HER idea." The girls both laughed.

" Oh look. Someone moved into the corner house and the moving truck is there."

The moving truck was open and there was a bunch of boxes and furniture and clothes in it. Including....

"Shannon that's an SHS letter sweater! The kind Logan and Robert wore in high school! I wonder who is moving into that house?"

Who indeed thought Mary Anne.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 28: Black Gold

 Chapter 28: Black Gold That night Dawn could not sleep. The stakeout raised more questions than answers. She couldn't put her finger on...